Check out our latest moving tips
and follow us on social media!
Where to Start When Moving? (Moving Checklist)
Congrats! You’re moving! And you’re obviously looking at this blog because you have no idea where to start. No worries, we’ve organized this handy moving timeline checklist for you. A moving checklist is an essential tool that makes for a successful moving experience.
- Make a moving plan
- Choose your movers
- Organize Belongings
- Donate unwanted items/make an inventory list
- Begin packing
- Be sure to do check-ups on your current car and home
- Make a list/folder for important information and documents
- Make a move-in day plan for efficiency
Understanding your specific moving timeline and what works best for you is extremely important. Here is a list to outline helpful timeframes to get you started off on the right foot.
Time Frame for your Move:
- 8 weeks prior to move: Research the move
- Look up costs and gather information that will help you in the moving process
- 6 weeks prior to move: Begin moving process
- Start to group items together for later and make a mental inventory of your belongings that will be moved
- 4 weeks prior to move: Start planning the move
- Make a schedule and lists for all the belongings in the move
- 2 weeks prior to move: Finalize all moving details
- Make sure that movers are booked, addresses are verified, and that packing supplies are purchased
- 1 week prior to move: Get prepared
- Start packing small essential bags with necessary items to help the move-in day go smoother
- Moving Day: Time to move in!
With this moving checklist and timeline, you will be sure to have a stress-free and memorable moving experience!!